Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh, By the Way...

I believe I have a confession to make to all you loyal readers of this humble blog. For a couple months now, I have been keeping another blog on the side. *GASP*

Now, I realize I may need to explain myself and I intend to do so. You see, I used to write a lot all throughout my school days. While some may grimace at the idea of writing papers and essays, I actually really enjoy it. And I had been feeling a lot lately that I had really lost the skills involved in writing. No, I'm not particularly great at it. And I do make many grammatical and punctuational errors fairly frequently. But there's something about getting my thoughts about various topics down into written form. I also rather enjoy being able to go back to what I wrote about months/ years ago and see the changes that have happened, either progress in writing or just entertainment at visiting different memories.

So why keep TWO blogs and not just mold them into one? Honestly, I'm not too sure. The only reason I can come up with is that some of you are really only interested in our ministry here at UH. And don't get me wrong...I don't for one minute think that absolutely nobody is ever interested in our personal lives. But I'm also not so foolish enough to believe that everyone wants to hear about all that. And I don't at all believe that our lives in ministry are separate from our personal lives. Because I believe that our normal, everyday lives are just that...ministry. I guess it's just easier to be relaxed and maybe even a little goofy on the personal blog. Does that make sense?

Anyway, if you are indeed at all interested in my blabberings and random thoughts and stories, then by all means...please give my other blog a little visit. I'll be more than happy to host you over there on occasion. And between the 2 blogs, you just might be able to know a little bit about what goes on in our lives. And feel free to leave a little comment or such, just to let me know that you stopped by. :) Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

Steve & Jennifer said...

oh my! I'm so glad you came clean about that. Does your load feel lighter now?
;)

Jenny Connors said...

do you feel like a traitor? so glad to see you a devoted blogger even if it is on two different blogs. I am looking forward to reading both of them!